A Data-driven Programmatic Agency Partner
Programmatic is at the intersection of data and creative. We deliver remarkable programmatic performance using data-driven creative, custom first party data segmentation and custom technology. We help you reach the right people, with the right creative at the right time.
At the core of our programmatic offering is our people. We offer direct access to senior programmatic analysts without the baggage you get at a network agency.
Meet Anna, Our Head of Paid Media, Just A Slack Away
“Having spent 10 years running the high-performance teams behind some of the world’s biggest advertisers, I’m putting that to use at DemandMore. Driving innovation from our team to get more out of the platforms, more out of the data and more for our clients.”
What Is Programmatic Advertising?
Programmatic advertising is an automated and data-driven approach to digital marketing. It involves using sophisticated algorithms and software to buy ad space in real-time. With programmatic, you can target specific audiences with personalised content across placements, including Youtube, display, video, audio, Digital Out Of Home (DOOH) and Connected TV (CTV).
As a specialist programmatic agency, we can help you find the right DSP (We typically use DV360). We’re comfortable using a range of platforms such as The Trade Desk, designing attention-grabbing creatives, and crafting the right audiences to reach your target customers.
How Does Programmatic Advertising Work?
Programmatic advertising allows for the instantaneous buying and selling of media placements. You set targeting criteria for the users you want to reach and bid for the placement using a Real-time bidding (RTB) auction process, where the winning bids get the ad placement.
The programmatic transactions involve three parties. The Demand-Side Platform (DSP) is where you, the advertiser, can bid for the media. The Sell-Side platform is where media owners such as newspapers sell their media. In the middle, there are exchanges that facilitate the auctions.
When a user lands on a website with available ad placements (the banner ads you can see on the side of a website, for example), a sell-side platform affiliated with the placement will open the auction. Using your targeting criteria, your DSP will submit a bid for this placement as long as the user fits your targeting criteria.
The highest bidder will win, and their advert will show within that placement. This whole process happens almost instantaneously, and by the time the page has loaded, the auction will have ended.
Our Approach To Programmatic
There are three main tenets to our approach to programmatic advertising:
Transparency. It’s no secret that the programmatic world can be murky, with many rebates and kickbacks. We provide a fully transparent service with absolutely no hidden fees or kickbacks. As a result, we deliver more impressions, clicks and conversions than our competitors.
It’s also important to own your data, so keep the learnings if you decide to in-house further down the line. With your own instance, you retain ownership of your first-party data.
Brand safety. We apply stringent brand safety measures to ensure that your ads don’t appear alongside content that’s not appropriate. We work with DoubleVerify to provide best-in-class pre and post-click brand safety, ad fraud detection, and viewability.
We can also work with you to create whitelists, focusing your advertising on certain publishers or channels on YouTube to ensure that your ads only appear next to the content you want them to.
A programmatic agency specialises in planning, executing, and optimising programmatic advertising campaigns on behalf of clients. Here are key functions and activities that a programmatic agency typically performs:
Strategy and Planning:
– Developing a comprehensive programmatic advertising strategy aligned with the client’s marketing objectives.
– Identifying target audiences and defining key performance indicators (KPIs).
– Selecting appropriate demand-side platforms (DSPs) and other programmatic tools.
– Configuring targeting parameters, budget allocation, and bidding strategies.
– Collaborating with clients to create compelling ad creatives that align with brand messaging and campaign goals.
– Adapting creatives for various formats, such as display, video, and native ads.
– Implementing precise audience targeting based on demographics, interests, behaviour, and other relevant data.
– Utilising data management platforms (DMPs) to enhance audience segmentation.
– Monitoring campaign performance in real-time and adjusting bidding strategies and targeting parameters to maximise efficiency.
– A/B testing creatives and messages to identify the most effective combinations.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
– Analysing campaign data to provide insights into audience behaviour, ad performance, and overall campaign effectiveness.
– Generating regular reports for clients, showcasing key metrics and performance against KPIs.
Ad Fraud Prevention:
– Implementing measures to detect and mitigate ad fraud to ensure that ad spend is maximised and campaigns are reaching legitimate audiences.
– Staying up-to-date with the latest programmatic advertising technologies and integrating them into the agency’s workflow for enhanced campaign performance.
– Coordinating programmatic efforts with other marketing channels to create a cohesive and integrated marketing strategy.
– Collaborating closely with clients to understand their business goals, provide insights, and adjust strategies based on evolving needs.
In essence, a programmatic agency streamlines the complexities of programmatic advertising, leveraging technology and data to help clients achieve their marketing objectives efficiently and effectively.
Instead of manually negotiating and buying ad space, programmatic uses advanced technology to automate the process. Think of it as a high-tech auction happening in real-time every time someone opens a webpage. You, as a media buyer, get to set your criteria – who you want to target, where, and how much you’re willing to spend. The system then swiftly bids for ad space that aligns with your goals, ensuring your ads reach the right audience at the right moment.
Programmatic advertising is a specific form of digital advertising that uses automated systems for real-time ad space buying through auctions. It’s more automated and data-driven, allowing precise targeting based on demographics, behaviour, and context. In essence, while all programmatic advertising is digital, not all digital advertising is programmatic. Programmatic adds efficiency and precision to the broader field of digital advertising.
Google Ads itself is not typically considered a programmatic advertising platform in the traditional sense. While Google Ads provides powerful tools for advertisers to create, manage, and optimize their digital advertising campaigns, it doesn’t operate on a real-time bidding (RTB) model, which is a defining characteristic of programmatic advertising.